Holistic healing and energy rebalancingCocoa ceremonies are a type of shamanic healing - which is one of the oldest holistic healing practices used by indigenous cultures around the world. These types of healing ceremonies work with rebalancing the energies in the body to regain health.
However, unlike other shamanic experiences, drinking cocoa will not make you hallucinate or give you some sort of psychedelic "out of body" experience. Instead, cocoa is used to gently touch your heart and guide you on an inner journey deep into the emotional center of our body - our heart chakra (Anahata).
Johanna in the middle of a cocoa ceremony wearing our Bali Jumpsuit.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A COCOA CEREMONY?
Cocoa ceremonies vary depending on the ceremony facilitator (or shaman). People usually sit in a circle and set their intentions, pray, sing together with heartfelt music or sound healing, then dance ecstatically or share as a group. It is a fun and uplifting experience in a safe and open community.
What you can experience at a cocoa ceremony:
- A heart opening journey of unity, love and ecstasy
- Finding a connection with your highest self, your own power and truth
- A shamanic or spiritual journey
- A space to enter into meditation - being able to silence the mind, connect to the wisdom and spirit within you
- A balance of masculine and feminine energies in the body
- Enhanced creativity
RECIPE FOR THE COCOA CEREMONY
Here is one of the recipes to prepare cocoa for a ceremony (for half a cup of cocoa):
- 1 to 2 ounces of cocoa
- Half a cup of water
- Pinch of chili or cayenne pepper
- Optional natural sugar such as coconut sugar, honey or agave
- Optional spices such as ginger, vanilla, cardamom or cinnamon
Chop the cocoa with a meditative and reflective state of mind. Heat the water just before it boils. Add the cocoa and stir until you find a smooth texture. Add the pinch of chili pepper. Optionally add natural sugar and spices.